Live Lucky 7 is a card game that is played with 8 decks of cards.
Before the game begins, the cards are shuffled and placed in an 8 deck dealing shoe. A cutting card is placed approximately three quarters through the shoe. When this is reached during the game, the shoe is replaced with a full one.
On completing the shuffle, the dealer burns or discards a number of cards from the top of the deck. The number is identified by the value of the first card turned over in the deck.
Lucky 7 is played by an unlimited number of players, who each place their own bets through the betting interface.
The betting options and payouts are:
Side Bet Options, which can be placed with or without placing the main hand bet, include:
When the betting time has completed the dealer deals one card face up into the middle of the table.
If the card dealt is a 7, the Above and Below 7 bets will be returned minus 50%.
All other bets are settled dependant on the result of the card that has been drawn.
Live Lucky 7 comes with 2 sets of results statistics.
There is the main result, which shows the colour and value of the cards drawn in the order they have come out of the shoe.
The second set, shows the distribution of the results by bet type:
Before we start talking about a playing or betting strategy, let’s examine the data of the game.
There are 8 decks of 52 playing cards used in the game. That equates to 416 Cards.
On average a 7 appears every 13 cards
There is a 92.30 chance the result will be a UP or DOWN and a 7.7% chance the result will be a 7.
There is a 46.15% chance the result will be Up or Down.
38.46% Chance the result will be EVEN and 61.54% it will be ODD.
A 50% Chance the result will be a Red or Black Card.
The figures above show that at the beginning of the Shoe, the best bet to place is an ODD bet, as it’s more likely the result will be odd.
The odds or chances change as the cards are dealt as there are fewer cards in the shoe, so the stats start to change.
Card Counters are able to keep track of what is going on and how the odds change in favour of certain bet types.
Thankfully, statistics are supplied that give an indication of the past results and how that has affected the percentages for each bet type. My advice is to use this information to adjust your betting pattern.
The Return To Player (RTP) for Live Lucky 7 doesn’t make very good reading.
It performs quite poorly when you compare the game against other Live Dealer Game RTP’s.
The best return for your money is the ODD bet, that has an RTP of 96.92%.
This is followed closely by the Red/Black bet with 95%.
The main bet of 7 Up, 7 Down, returns 92.31%, which is the same as the Even Bet option.
This Indian Styled Game is played very much like a Hi-Lo game, the main difference is you are not betting on whether the card is higher is lower than the previous one.
The bet is whether the next card is 7 Up or 7 Down, i.e. above or below 7!
As far as returns go, this isn’t one of the best games, however, it’s simple and fast to play.
Personally I’d be keeping an eye on the statistics and timing my play of the 7 bets if there has been a long run of no 7’s.
Remember there are 32 sevens in a 416 card playing shoe, that’s one every 13 cards on average.